R/V Oceanus, whoi
Zen and the art of the Ground
- The ground cable should be replaced at every termination, and should be
considered a prime suspect if having trouble with the data.
Figure 1. First things first...
- Depending on the number of grounds needed, if using all three
conductors of the seacable then you will need three grounds, strip the ends
of the mecca connectors then twist them together.
Figure 2. Elector-terminalize the meccas...
- Place an electro-terminal around the twisted mecca ends.
Figure 3. Crimp the electo-terminal...
- Crimp the electro-terminal.
Figure 4. Wrap with 23...
- Wrap the crimped elecro-terminal with scotch 23 tape.
Figure 5. Finish with a 33 wrap...
- Wrap the scotch-23-wrapped-crimped-elector-terminal with a layer of
33 or 88.
Figure 6. Screw the ground on the termination...
- Screw the ground cable onto the termination. Usually ground is marked
with green tape.